Create for a Cause: The Leaf Card Project
Join your fellow BRAA members and brighten someone's day!
Here are some examples:
Click on picture to view full size
Some of you may have seen Diane Relf’s posts on Facebook about paintings on Ginkgo leaves by Gu Houxin. He makes them look like butterflies. The BRAA is asking our members to create cards for Senior Center Residents in the NRV!
Steps: (Click here to print)
1. Register: Use button above
2. Collect, dry and press a few colorful leaves.
Need pressed leaves? We have plenty! See below for locations
3. Affix leaves to heavy paper/card stock, or paint the leaves and fix with gel medium or Mod Podge to your card stock, homemade papers, or any sturdy paper. Please consider making several
Our goal is 75 cards for the English Meadows Senior Living Community
Keep size to approx 5"x7"
4. Write an uplifting message on your cards
5. Add your name and "Blacksburg Regional Art Association Leaf Card Project 2020"
6. Return your finished cards to the drop off locations by Friday December 4.
There are many YouTube videos and Pinterest examples that show techniques, here is another one: https://vimeo.com/473256138 But you can use your imagination and make any design you want:
Pick up/Drop off locations
Blacksburg: New River Art and Fiber, 101 S Main St.
A great place to shop!
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10am – 6pm.
We will also display the results here on our website and on our Facebook page.
Any questions? Email Diane Relf: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christiansburg: Moose Lodge 1470, 115 Farmview Rd.
Hours: 7 days a week open 5p.m. -11p.m.,
hours vary during the day.
Monday - Wednesday open 9am - 3pm on the 16-18 and 23-25 November.
Check with Kim Kirk, 540-382-9294
There will be a box in the lobby on the bench to the right of the door
Google Maps Link: